Forwarding of inquiries
The inquiries should go as follows, whereas it is preferable to:
- write your inquiry in english
- get an translation into german of your inquiry using Transserv
- find out which mailinglist is the possible right one for your inquiry. Help needed? Click here to get an artificial map which shows relationships between the German states and
- compare it with the map of existing mailinglists on genealogy.net network.
- if you found the right mailinglist you can contact your "contact person". Send your english inquiry AND the translation which you got back from Transserv to her/him. She/he is a subscriber of the list and can post it there. In her/his post (click here for an example) your e-mail-address is mentioned, so that genealogists can get into contact with you directly. It is also mentioned, that you are english speaking.
The following persons (in alphabetic order) are willing to send inquiries to the lists, which they subscribe (you can glean this often on the userpages, just click on their names):