Friedhof Hamburg Eilbek St Jakobi Kirche

From GenWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Todays park was originally established as a cemetery for the church of St. Jacobi outside the gates of Hamburg in 1848. It was converted into a park only in 1954. The former cemetery chapel was erected by Isaiah Wood in 1883/84 according to plans by Alexis de Chateauneuf. The mixture of freestone and brick is a hint to the influence of the church of St. Nikolai in the city. After repair of extensive war damage and alterations of the interior by Hopp & J├Ąger the chapel was consecrated in 1962 as parish church.

Personal tools
GenWiki-internal
In other languages