GenWiki:SCN places

From GenWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

This text has to be split into a lot of articles. I have already done that for Barsbek, Belling, Bordelum and Preetz. Jzedlitz 09:33, 4 September 2007 (CEST)

This page is based on content from the old regional page /reg/SCN/places-e.html. You can find the original content here. Comments and explanations form changes can be found on the discussion page of this article.



Johannes von Schröder und Herm. Biernatzki, Topographie der Herzogtümer Holstein und Lauenburg und des Fürstentums Lübeck. 1854 Translated by Ute and Wolfgang Boock.


Braderup is a village on the isle of Sylt, office Tondern, parish Keitum, contains 22 houses; one two-storied town house of a captain had a flat roof. In the village is a school, where the teacher of the Norddoefer School teaches one year. The next year he teaches in the school of Kampen. - The main business of the citizens is seafaring, in 1850 there are seventeen seafarer. - Braderup has often water shortage. - Areal: 155 Steuertonnen. - The soil is stony, 80 - 90 Feet (old german measure) over the sea level, partly heath land and from moderate nature. In the field are many tomb hills.

Brammer village on a Aue (brooklet), named the Große-Aue, nearby the county road from Rendsburg to Nortorf, 2 miles south of Rendsburg, office Rendsburg, church province and parish Nortorf. This with considerable trees surrounded, very narrow build village, lies a little bit low and contains 5 fullhufe, 2 halfhufe, 1 quarterhufe, 1 eighth-hufe, 1 Kathe (small house) with and 1 Kathe without land. The quarterhufe and "Krugstelle" was named Brammerau and lies at a bridge over the Große-Au, on the county road from Rendsburg to Nortorf; ½ miles southeast, on the same county road, was the eighth-hufe named Papenkamp and was a county department of the Nortorfer parish. - Residents: 200 - School: 40 children. - Forge and several craftsmen; there lives also a midwife. Additional occupation was beekeeping and the poor citizens sell "Haidebeeren" (berries). - Areal: 2700 Tonnen, each 260 Quadrat Ruthen (608 Steuertonnen), including 294 Tonnen meadows. A part of soil is well, the other part is middling; some meadows are profitable and others less. The Hufenowners owns small forests and a lot of fen. One forest near Brammerau is called Brammerhoop. Two Auen (brooklets) are in the fields, named Kleine Au and Scheidebeck lead into the Grosse Aue. South of the village are traces of a watermill which burned down in the 30 years war, like the whole village burned down. Also in the years of war 1813 and 1814 the village was considerable damaged.

Brunsbüttel a church village at the mouth of the river Elbe. In Suederdithmarschen; church province Brunsbuettel, province Suederdithmarschen; latitude 53° 53' 44", longitude 26° 46' 00". This village has 137 houses and a harbour. The first church mentioned in 1286; a second one built in 1678, but 1719 destroyed by a lightning. The current church is built in 1724 and has a tower covered with copper. There are two preachers, elected by the community. The villages of: Belmermoor, Oster=Belmhusen, Wester=Belmhusen, Braake, Brunsbuettel, Brunsbuettelerhafen, Brunsbuetteler=Neuenkoog, Groden, Muehlenstraße with Diekshoern (Triangel), Nordhusen, Nordorf, Ohling, Ostermoor, Soestemannhusen, Steindeich and Wallen are belonging to the parish Brunsbuettel. - Residents of the parish: 3154. - There is a boy school with a principal (60 children); one girls school (60 children); one elementary school (80 children) and since 1840 a school for small children. Some years before there was established a private institute for young girls. There is also a poorhouse. - In 1840 there opened a post office for letters and freight and a special post office, a customs examination. In the village is one pharmacy. - In 1748, a fire guild has been founded. - In the field between Brunsbuettel and the Kooge on the middle dike are two mills. - Citizen with Soestmannhusen and Wallen: 1919. - The citizen makes farming and common business. - To the field belonging 12 ships, most of them taken for crossover to Hamburg. - The harbour, named Brunsbuettelerhafen, improved at the last years. It is in a short distance to the southeast at Neuenkoog. The export of grain is important. One time each week a steamboat, with passengers and fright, goes from Brunsbuettel to Altona and Hamburg. - On the Petri=Pauli day and the next day too, there is a fairground. - Nearby the Brunsbuetteler harbour, the Dithmarscher build an entrenchment in the year 1559, but it was conquered by Johann Rantzau. In the year1627 there fortified the imperialists of Wallenstein and in the year 1644 the Danish troupes near Brunsbuettel. The field surrounded by fortifications, build by the Danish troupes and short time after the building was destroyed again. Several storm tides devastate single parts of Brunsbuettel, in the year 1676 the village and the church was devastated. In 1685 were the dikes broken near Brunsbuettel and the water stood on the graveyard.

Burkal (Buhrkall, former Burkal, Burkerl), churchvillage between the Groenaue and Altenaue, 1 3/4 miles east from Tondern, office Tondern, province Tondern. - This village contains including Westergaard, 9 Bohlstellen, 9 small Landstellen ( farms)and 5 houses. - Districtschool - 1 saloon, 1 forge. - The church, which lie in the north of the village, was build from bricks with a leadroof and a spire. - These villages belonging to Burkal parish: Abel, Bau, Baierskroe, Blomsgaard, Boschau, Burkarl, Christianshoffnung, Fluetzholm, Friesmark, Groengaard, Klein-Groengaard, Loenholm, Luedersholm, Lund, Nolde, Oestergaard, Pepersmark, Petersholm, Oster- and Wester-Quernholt, Reesholm, Renz, Hausborg, Schauhaus, Stade, Staderfeld, Stemmilt, Teptorf, Klein-Toende, Braagaard, Westergaard. - The soil is sandy, but very fruitful. - Residents of the parish: 1646.

Dorpum (Dörpum), Dorf an einem kleinen Bache, 1/2 Meile nordwestlich von Bredstedt, an der Landstraße nach Tondern. Amt Bredstedt, Kirchspiel Bordelum. Von diesem Dorfe gehören zur Landschaft Bredstedt 2 größere und 21 kleinere Landstellen und zum Gut Mirebüll 11 Landstellen. Eine südlich ausgebaute Landstelle und ein Wirtshaus heißtGlücksberg; eine gegen südost ausgebaute Springenfeld (auch Telt oder Dorpumer Kark genannt). Districtschule. 2 Wirtshäuser, 2 Armenhäuser, Schmiede und einige Handwerker. Areal zur Landschaft: 321 Tonnen (296 Steuertonnen), zum Gut: 166 Steuertonnen. Der Boden ist sandig aber auch an mehreren Stellen lehmig und fruchtbar. Viele Einwohner haben Land in den Bredstedter-Bordelumer- und Langenhorner-Koogen.

Endrupskov village on the Gjelsaue, 1 3/4 miles southeast of Ribe, in the estate Nuebel, communal authority Hadersleben, Froesharde, parish Gram.This village contains several farms ( 11 Otting / old german measure, used at the westcoast of Schleswig-Holstein): 1 Farm (2 Otting) belongs to the county Schackenborg. - School. - Area: 362 Steuertonnen. - The soil is bad. - In the east of the village was in the beginning of the 16th century a church , named St. Theocarikirche, this place is visible today. After the parish was closed the community belongs to the church in Gram.

Gram and Nübel (Nyboel) two aristocratic estates in the office Hadersleben. Froes- and Kalslundharde; parish Gram and Fohl. The one main farm lies 2 ½ miles and the other 2 miles east of Ribe. Both estates are united since some time, the borders between the estates are not exactly clear. From the old history of the village Gram is known nothing. The former old castle so is told was built in a forest in the year 1314. The fortification of the castle was strong built against the attacks from the town Ribe. In the year 1358 the estate was given to knight Erland Kalv. Later owners are: 1399 Lembek, the Reventlow family, 1551 von Buchwald, 1638 the King Christian IV. He gave it to the von Podewils, 1658 Gram became possession of the Schackschen family, now Earl H. A. von Brockenhuus-Schack. - The estate Nuebel, original developed of four farms, former has the same owners like Gram, in later times it was separated and belonged to the possession of the family von Blome, 1712 von Wohnsfleth, 1720 von Hoecken, 1724 Dr. Koch, 1754 it was sold to countess Anna von Schack and reunited with Gram. - To these estates are belonging: the main farm Gram, the main farm Nuebel, the dairy farm Billeslund, the dairy farm Slovgaard, the water mills of Gram and Gjelsbroe, the tamper mill by Wester-Nuebel, the villages and places Gram, Skjoldager, Kastrup, Aalkjaer, Wester-Linnet, Brendstrup with Laasled, Hundeboel, Fohl, Mellerup and parts of the villages Thiset, Ganderup and Endrupskov, further the Parcellenstellen Gram, Gramlund, Hindballe, Moegelballe, Kjemsgaard, Gjelsbroe, Aaskov, Wester-Nuebel, Skovsgaard and Jenning; besides the royal villages of Gabel, Oester-Linnet, Hygum and Fedsted. - Residents of the estate Gram: 2591, of the estate Nuebel: 357. The whole area of the estates 20636 Tonnen 1 Scheffel 10 ½ Ruthen, each 240 Quadrat Ruthen. To the main and secondary farm belonging 3177 Tonnen 4 Scheffel 7 ½ Ruthen, to the old owners belongs 1771 Tonnen 5 Scheffel 2 ½ Ruthen, to the most licensed owners 3901 Tonnen 6 Scheffel 2 ½ Ruthen, to the not licensed owners 445 Tonnen 6 Scheffel 10 ¾ Ruthen, to the church and to the school 422 Tonnen 4 Scheffel 8 ¾ Ruthen and to the members of the fortress 10916 Tonnen 6 Scheffel 10 ½ Ruthen. - Belonging to the estate dominion was the main farm Gram and the landed properties Hestehave, Lundkoppel and Kirkemav (426 Steuertonnen), the main farm Nuebel (128 Steuertonnen), the dairy farm Billeslund (203 Steuertonnen), the dairy farm Skovsgaard (203 Steuertonnen), the two watermills by Gram (4 Steuertonnen) and Gjelsbroe (20 Steuertonnen) and the Holzvogts dwelling to Laasled (5 Steuertonnen). - A part of the estate Gram is named Neu-Gram. The former old castle was broken by Feldmarschall Hans Schack and a new one was built 0.5 miles south of the old one. The forest is nearly one mile long and half a mile wide and there is good hunting. The countess von Schack built in the middle of the 18th century the Gutshof Nuebel which was gone to ruin in 1815.

Hamfelde (former Honvelde, Hannfelde), village at the river Bille, in the duchy Lauenburg, in the Gut Basthorst, 2 1/4 miles ( old german miles ) southwest of Mölln, parish Kuddewoerde. In the village are 1 Farm, 5 Halfhufen, 2 threequarterhufen 4 Brinksitzerstellen ( don`t know how to translate) and 10 Kathen (small houses). One school, 1 windmill, 3 hosts, 1 blacksmith. Until the year 1850 there was a extra-poststation, today ( 1855) there is a station for the riding Mecklenburger post. Citizens: 240 people. The ground is partly loamy soil, or sandy. Until the year 1801 there was a Meierhof (an external part of the Gutshof) Near Hamfelde are remainder of a high rampart (fortification).

Heide (former to the Heide), place in Norderdithmarschen, Geest ( name of landscape), parishprovince Heide, Probstei Norderdithmarschen. - In the year 1404 Heide was a village in the parish Weddingstedt, at this time Heide was devastated by duke Gerhard.In the year 1447 the district court was moved from Meldorf to Heide.The court of Norderdithmarschen meets on four times in the year. The place was considerable and wellbuild, it was devided in four quarters ( residental quarter) and contains 648 dwelling-houses and 356 stables. - The streets of the town named: am Markt, Himmelreich, Schumacherort, Oesterstraße, Große und Kleine Westerstraße, Suederstraße, Norderstraße, Kleinheide, Dohrnstraße, Bruhnstraße, am Landwege, Gastwurth, Louisenstraße, Muehlenstraße, Westerweide, Blumenstraße, neue Anlage, Deichstraße, Rosenstraße. - On the southwest side of the marketplace, there is the church, named after St. Georg. In the year 1559 the church burned down and was rebuildt. - 200 citizens are shoemakers, also there are: 1 large oilmill, 7 grain-windmills, 3 horse-oilmills, 1 sugarrefine, 1 chicoryfactory, 4 tabakfactorys, 5 Reepschlaeger (ropemaker), 3 dyer, 31 baker, 36 butcher, 5 goldsmiths, 15 locksmiths and craftsman of many other kind. In the north of the city there is a big poorhouse for app 200 people, it was built 1853 for 16000 Reichsmark. In Heide happened many desasters, in 1559 it was mostly burned down by enemys, in 1629 and 1634 it was hidden by the plague. 1648 burned within some hour 40 houses down in the Westerstrasse, 1746 more than 40 house at both sides of the Landweg and 1766 again 10 houses. 1769 was 25 % of the town and 1793 a big part of the Osterstrasse was destroyed by fire. The coat of arms is showing the holy St. George fighting against the dragon.

Hemme (Hemmerdeich), 1 farm and 14 houses directly located at the Eiderdeich (deich=dike), in the east part of the landscape Eiderstedt; parish Oldensworth. There is a district school, one Poorhouse and some craftsman. Some citizens are fisherman. - In old times, Hemme was an important place. In the year 1340 there resided one hundred prosperous people.

Högel village 1 mile northeast of Bredstedt, at the country road to Flensburg, part of the landscape Bredstedt, parish Brecklum. The village contains three large and 14 small Landstellen (farms) and five Instenstellen. One Bohlstelle belongs to the Hospital of Flensburg. One Farm (1Pflug) belongs to the former Schleswiger Domcapitel. - District school. - There is one Saloon and one forge. - Areal: 384 Tonnen (355 Steuertonnen). - The local folks own several marshlands at the Reussische Koogen.

Högsdorf (former Hussekendorp, Hoestorp), a large, partly scattered village 1/2 mile south of Lütjenburg, in the estate Helmstorf, parish Eutin-Neukirchen; contains 9 fullhufen and 45 Kathen (small houses) with Instenstellen (houses of farmhands with small piece of land); 6 Hufen in the village, 2 Hufen at the way from Hoegsdorf to Blekendorf named Kruezfahl and Finkenberg, 1 Hufe at the way from Wetterrade to Blekendorf named Achterfaehlen; 1 house at the same way with two apartments and 2 1/2 Tonnen land named Wetteraderkuhle, another named Schoppel. 2 houses with 4 apartments in the south at the way to Flehm are named Steinbusch. - school 100 children - There are several craftsman. The soil is well and fruitful.

Husbye ( Huesbye, former Huscobu) village ½ miles west of Schleswig, office Gottorf, parish St. Michaelis. This village belongs in the year 1196 to the Michaelis monastery in Schleswig and contains 22 halfhufe, 8 quarterhufe and 6 Kathen (small houses). Four of the halfhufen (2 Pflüge) belongs to the former Schleswiger Domcapitel and two are Vicarien estates. In the fields is located the Husbyer brick factory, with a saloon. In the west near Schleswig lie the called Pulvermuehle (muehle = mill) and Annettenhoehe, all together belonging to the Husbyer district, but not to the Husbyer village. District school. There is one forge and several craftsmen. Areal: 956 Steuertonnen. The farmland is good; one former fish lake is dryed up. In the year 1629 the village suffered due to the imperial troupes.

Kastrup village 3 ½ miles in the west of Hadersleben, at the country road to Ribe, in the estate Gram, communal authority Hadersleben, Froesharde, parish Gram. Contains 25 farms, 15 small farms, 15 Kathen (small houses) and 3 Instenstellen. Three farms are named Feldten, Loientat and Marbaek, two of the small farms Frischmark and Schmidfeld, one Parcellenstelle Groendallund. - Dristrict school. - Saloon, one smithy and several craftsmen. - Areal: 1132 Steuertonnen. - The soil is mediocrity, the fen is important.

Kronprinzenkoog a Koog in Süderdithmarschen, in the west of Marne, belong to Koogdistrict of the United Kronprinzenkoog, Sophienkoog, and König Friedrichskoog. Except some houses, which are belonging to the Barlter church, until the construction of the own church to parish Marne. This Koog was diked in the years 1785 to 1787 for 400000 Reichsmark paid by the government. It is 1618 Morgen large and is named after King Fredrik VI. who was crown prince at this time. After the dike was build, it separated into sections of ten Morgen. It was not successful to sell these sections; then the whole Koog was divided in two parts and sold to a private company, for 80 Reichsmark per Morgen. The rules in this contract: additionally to the sales price has to be paid a yearly fee of 16 Reichsmark per Morgen, all weed has to be removed, the dike has to be supported be the owners, the owners have not to pay taxes, the residents have the right for free fishing and hunting and the right to choose freely their occupation. The ground is custom and license free until 1810, after that has to be paid yearly 26 Reichsmark per Morgen. Additionally the exemption of recruiting, horse delivering, the exemption of military service for the first owner and their sons, exemption of paying for change of government and the right to build an own church. The Koog is controlled by a government inspector who is at the same time inspector of the Sophienkoog and King Frederikskoog, and the Süderdithmarschen law is used here too. In the Kronprinzenkoog in the southern part has 1609 and in the northern part 1617 houses, all together 145 houses. One of the Dutch mills, built in 1791 and 1797, is located in the middle and the other one in the north of the Koog. Both are private properties. A church is not built here but on the church section is an own cemetery, which is sourrounded by a wide ditch and planted with elms and lime trees. The three schools are located in the north, south and middle district. The south school 90 children, middle school 90 children and the north school 150 children. Residents: 1156; including some innkeepers, tradesmen, craftsmen and businessmen. There are also hired two custom officers. Areal: 3930 Tonnen. The rates are paid to the landwriter, 24452 Reichsmark yearly. The farms and flats are scattered through the Koog. The largest villages are Rathjensdorf and Schaafstedt, others are Norderdeichstrich, a row of houses behind the sea dike in the northern part of the Koog; Schmolteck, a row of houses behind the sea dike at the northern connection of the new dike of the Dieksanderkoog; Klein Dieksand, a row of houses at the sea dike in the middle of the Koog; Schadendorf, a row of houses south of Klein Dieksand in the middle oft the Koog, and Grosse Reihe a lot of farms at the main road a bit in the south of the Koog with a saloon, one forge, the middle school and the cemetery. The soil is very fruitful marsh soil.

Kühren (former Kuren), village at the way from Luetjenburg to Eutin, 3/8 miles south of Luetjenburg, in the estate Helmstorf, parish Lütjenburg; contains 5 fullhufe and 37 Kathen (small houses) and Instenstellen.

Lunden village on the isle of Alsen, ¾ miles southeast of Norburg, office Norburg, parish and school district Hagenberg; 5 fullhufe (farms), 1 Kathe (small house) and 6 Instenstellen (5 Pflüge). - Saloon. - Areal: 302 Steuertonnen. The farmland and the meadows are very good.

Maasbuell village at the nothern part of the dike of the "Herrenkoog", 2 3/4 miles south of Tondern, Amt ( district) Tondern, Boekingharde( harde = County?), parish Risum, contains 55 houses, district school, one host, one blacksmith, some carpenters.

Maasbuell one small farm 1/6 plough, in district Tondern, part of village Bollwig parish and schooldistrict Hoeist

Plunkau (former Pluncowe), village ¾ miles northwest of Neustadt, in the estate Sierhagen, parish Altenkrempe; contains four fullhufe, two halfhufe, 20 Landinstenstellen and 7 Kathen (small houses), one fullhufe and six Instenstellen are there. The fullhufe was named Baumkrug, two Instenstellen named Plunkauer-Holzkathen and four Instenstellen named Wulfsberg. - School district Cassau. - Arial: 666 Tonnen and 240 Quadrat Ruthen (558 Steuertonnen). The soil is pervious and a good middle ground. - In the year 1557 this village was sold, in agree with the bishop Barby and the Domcapitel of Luebeck, to Jasper von Buchwaldt at Sierhagen. Already in the year 1214, the Vogt Heinrich von Pluncowe is mentioned.

Preetz in the year 1855 (former Porez, Poretze). Place and noble convent in the district of the monastery Preetz, located between Kiel and Ploen, on the river Schwentine and the Kirchsee (church lake). Village church. Province Kiel. In Preetz are 160 shoemaker masters and this is the most important business. There are also very good weavers and cabinet-makers. The manufacturer Mosbach and Carl Flor & Comp. supply almost all towns in Schleswig-Holstein with her cotton, wool and silk fabrics. In the village is 1 soap factory, 1 vinegar brewery, 1 coach factory, 2 tobacco factory's, 2 candle factory's and several tannery's. Residents: 4579. - Some houses south of the village are named Ilsaal (former Ylsol). The villages of : Altona, Behnkenmuehle, Beksberg, Bornsdorf, Brandeburg, Erdbeerenberg, Fischerboden, Hellerkathen, Hoernsee, Hohenwuehren, Jammerthal, Ilsaal, Loeptien, Nettelsee, Oha, Preetz, Pohnsdorf, Pohnsdorferfeldt, Postfeld, Raisdorf, Reuterskoppel, Scharsdorf, Schellhorn, Sieversdorf, Stauen, Verdruß, Vogelsang, Wakendorf, Weinberg; Gut Bredeneek ( Gut = estate), Gut Bundhorst with Aukathe, Ludwigslust, Sielbek, from theGut Depenau: the main farm, the dairy, Holzberg, Ochsenkoppel, Ruesch, Ziegeleikathe; the Gut Freudenholm with Langenkathe; the Gut Kuehren with Appelwerder, Glinde, Kiekut, Klein-Kuehren, zu Kuehren, Kuehrenbruecke, Kuehrsdorf, Moorkathe, Wilhelminenhof; from the Gut Lehmkuhlen: Stauung, Trent, Trenthorst, Vogtskathe; the Gut Sophienhof with Kreuzweg, Roehldiekholz, Rollbek; the Gut Wahlstorf with Barbloeken, Braache, Breiteneiche, Glaeserkoppel, in der Graeberei, auf dem Heisch, Johannrade, Kaiskamp, Langenrade, Muehlenberg, Ruschkrug, auf der Schafweide, Tartertwiete, Tiefenthal, Vogelsang, Wahlsdorf ( village), Wielen; from the Gut Dobersdorf: Lilienthal, im Moerken, Rehburg, Wildenhusen; from the Gut Rastorf: Rastorf, Hoheneichen, Kluuth, Langensahl, Lehmrade, Rastorfer-Passau ( partly), Rastorfer-Papiermuehle, Prieskamp, Rosenfeld, Spohlsau, Stubbenstedt, Uhlenhorst, Wildenhorst; the Gut Rethwisch with Dammdorf, Falkendorf; the Gut Schaedtbek with Kruthorst, Moorsehden, Soehren, Toetenkrog are belonging to the monastery at Preetz. Since 1833 the new cemetery is outside the village. The school got a change since 1853 and could be used as a sample for other schools of smaller cities. It is a boy's school with four grades; a rector school with two grades; a girl's school with four grades. A free school is for app. 100 poor children additionally an industrial school for the second grade of the poor children. As a foundation there is the poorhouse at the Damm new build by Priörin (???) Elisabeth von Ahlefeld for 18 poor females. The orphanage build in 1731 by Margaretha von Ahlefeld for female children and with a capital of 8800 Reichsmark.

St. Annen (former Rienfelde, Neuenfeld), church nearby the river Eider in Norderdithmarschen, parish Lunden, province Norderdithmarschen. - A part of this parish was a former isle in the river Eider, which was diked in the year 1491 and was named " Boesbuetteler-Koog". Around the year 1500 there was built a chapel for the Heilige (holy) Anna, in the year 1571 this chapel was expanded to a church. It is small but friendly and brigth, with a small tower.The woodcarving altarpiece was from the year 1644. The farms belonging to St. Annen, Oesterfeld, Damm, Neufeld and Lehde are former parts of the parish Lunden and have pay also today a contribution to the Lundener church. About the foundation of the St. Annen chapel in the churcharchiv was stored a "Bulle" ( means a special church document) of the "Cardinal-Collegiums" and a papal "Erlaubnisbulle" on pergament, from the years 1501 and 1507 preserved. The preacher is elect by the community. - School for Neufeld and Damm. - The church St. Annen has a "Faehrgerechtigkeit" ( I think was responsible to drive the ferry crossing the Eider) to Boesbuettel. - The villages of Boesbuettel, Damm, Dammdeich, Deichstrich, Eiderdeich, Friedrichstaedter-Faehre, bei der Kirche, im Moor, bei der Muehle, Neuenfelde, Neufeld, Reuensiel (Siel), Oesterfeld, im Ort, bei der Pumpe, Siel, Westerbuhr, Wittjahrrenfaehre are belonging to the parish Lunden. Citizens of the parish: 644

Sterdebuell is a village ½ miles northwest of Bredstedt, parish Bordelum. Belonging to the countryside of Bredstedt are three large and 13 small farms, 14 Kathen (small houses) and Instenstellen (6 Pflüge). One small farm and saloon belongs to the estate Karrharde, office Tondern, Karrharde. One farm, build on Karrharder ground, named Sterdebuellhof (Gottesgabe) and is a Kanzleigut since 1773 under the upper court. Henning von Reventlow built this farm in 1688, as an administrator house. Owner-windmill, school, forge, saloon. - Areal belonging to countryside Bredstedt: 132 Steuertonnen. - The soil consists partly of marsh, partly of geest and is very well.

Struebbel (former Strebbeling), village in Norderdithmarschen, Kirchspielvogtei and most parts to parish Wesselburen belonging, includes 9 Farms, 10 houses with and 9 houses without land . One farm and 2 houses are belonging to the parish Neuenkirchen. Former this village lies at the river Eider and the bigest part of the citizens make a living by fishing.- School: 54 children. - 1 poorhouse. Citizens: 189, 2 hosts, 1 spice-shopkeeper, 1 blacksmith, 2 cabinet-maker, 1 Rademacher and some other craftsman. At the forge, which was in 300 feet (old german measure) distance from the village, stand a mill.

Struxdorf church village 1 ¾ miles northeast of Schleswig, office Gottorf, province Gottorf. To the office belonging: one fullhufe, one threequarterhufe, two halfhufe, two quarterhufe and three Kathen (small houses). To St. Johanniskloster at Schleswig are belonging: 2 quarterhufe and 2 Kathen, one of this Kathen was a saloon, named Petersburg. There is a district school, one saloon and one forge. - The church belongs to the church in Thumbye and is one of the oldest churches in the county. There was a large church community. The church was build of fieldstones, covered with a shingle-roof, without a tower and not vaulted. The church was expanded in the year 1618 and the west part builds with square stones. In the wooden bell-house hang a bell of the year 1412. - Former the church has proprieties at Struxdorf, Arup, Bellig and several fields at Schnapdorp-Feld. - The villages of: Arup, Arupgaard, Bellig, Blasberg, Boholz, Ekeberg, Holmuehl (partly), Holtorf, Petersburg, Rabenholz, Scharrerie, Struxdorf are belonging to the church village Struxdorf. - Areal: 235 Steuertonnen. - The soil was very well and give plenty fruits. At the Feldmark are several tomb hills. - Residents of the parish: 597.

Tellingstedt (former Ethelingstede) churchvillage in Norderdithmarschen, on the river Thielenaue, parish Tellingstedt, province Norderdithmarschen. Already mentioned in the year 1140 as considerable churchvillage contains 28 Farms, 22 houses with and 5 houses without land. There are the dwellings of the Kirchspielvogt (parishvogt) and the Kirchspielschreiber(parishwriter). Residents: 523, 2 host´s, 3 merchants, 1 hatter, 1 dyer, 3 potter, 3 blacksmith, 3 butcher and many other craftsman. In the village live a doctor and a midwife. The spacy church is named after St. Martin. The church was expanded in 1726 and got the nice altar from the church in Toenning. The villages of Dellstedt, Doerpling, Haushorn, Gluesing, Hoevede with Hoeveder-Mill, Hohenlieth, Lendern, Luedersbuettel, Neuenfaehre, Oesterborstel, Pahlen, Pahlhude, Rederstall, Rethbucht, Schalkhollz, Schellrade, Tielenburg, Tielenhemme, Wallen, Wellerhoop, Welmbuettel, Westerborstel, Wrohm, Altenfaehre, Lecksfaehre are belonging to the parish Tellingstedt. At the school, witch is in connection with an industrialschool, is hired a principal. In the village is a watermill and in the south from this mill is a second one named "Südermühle", which was driven from the river Thielenau. Cattle and horsemarkets are here each year on friday before Judica and on 25.th of October. In the east of the village has been a small castle in circleform. In the north there was a moat through the fen. To the small lake there are traces of old fortifikations. Next to the village is on a little hill a tombhill called "Goldberg", from there you have a scenic view. Two former forests are called "Bielholz" and "Nordwohlde". In the year 1403 Tellingstedt was plundered by Otto Ratlov, Henneke Hummelsbüttel and other aristocrats and in the Dithmarschen War 1559 a big part of the village burned down.

Thiset (former Tiiswith), village 2 ¼ miles southwest of Ribe, in the parish of Gram. To the estates Gram and Nuebel, communal authority Hadersleben, Froesharde belonging 19 farms with different sizes, 17 Hufenparcellenstellen, 13 Kathen (small houses) and 3 Instenstellen; one farm is named Asdal. To the county Schackenborg are belonging three farms, one saloon and several Kathen. - District school. - Smithy. - Areal of the estates Gram and Nuebel: 847 Steuertonnen. - The soil is mediocrity.

Uphusum village 1 1/2 miles south of Tondern, district Tondern, Karrharde, parish Braderup. Containing 14 Bohlstellen (farms), 2 small farms and 16 houses without land. Districtschool, 2 hosts, blacksmith, and some carpenters. Some houses are located on Warften ( small manmade hills to prevent flooding) . The soil is medium quality. In the past is told there has been a church, but it must been destroyed in the 15th century.

Vollstedt Groß, (former Volcstide); village at the country road from Nortorf to Eckernfoerde, 2 miles southeast of Rendsburg, -parish Nortorf. - Belonging to the office Rendsburg, church province Nortorf are six Vollhufe, three Achtelhufe, three Kathen with and one Kathe without land. To the estate Emkendorf are belonging 6 Vollhufe and 10 Instenstellen. - The school belongs to the estate Emkendorf (90 children). - Residents: 301, 1 Innkeeper, 1 Tradesman, 1 Blacksmith, 1 wheelwright, 1 cabinetmaker and several other craftsmen. - Areal that belongs to the office: 621 Steuertonnen, with 50 Tonnen meadows. Areal that belongs to the estate Emkendorf: 974 Tonnen, with 103 Tonnen meadows, 230 Tonnen heathland and pastureland, 42 Tonnen fen, 30 Tonnen forests and 40 Tonnen water. - The soil is a good middlesoil, in the east loamy soil and in the west sandy soil.

Personal tools
GenWiki-internal