Memel/Johanniskirche

From GenWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Priests

Altar in the Johanniskirche.
  • Generalsuperintendent Otto Obereigner
  • Konsistorialrat Ernst Ribbat
  • Pfarrer Lic. Erich Riedesel
  • Jugendpfarrer Alfred Blaesner


Churchbooks

Altar of the Johanniskirche
Confirmation document from the
St. Johannis-Gemeinde from 1913

Most of the original church books still exist in Berlin (Evangelisches Zentralarchiv Berlin). Some of them are still on films of the" Reichsippenamtes", today in Leipzig (Sächsisches Staatsarchiv Leipzig). The Mormons "Mormonen" also have films.

There were several parishes so some years overlap. Below is a summary:

  • Baptism 1614-1944 with gaps
  • Confirmation 1817-1944 with gaps
  • Banns 1932-1941
  • Marriages 1614-1944 with gaps
  • Deaths 1685-1944 with gaps


Maps

Drawing around 1650 about the fiscal division of the area Althof
.
Red: Old location 1 = Dom St. Marien; 2 = Landkirche St. Nikolai; 3 = Stadtkirche St. Johannis. Green: New location 4 = Stadtkirche St. Johannis; 5 = Landkirche St. Nikolai (later St.Jakobi); 6 = Reformierte Kirche; 7 = Katholische Kirche. Blue: The old Dange with ditch of the mill


Sources

Personal tools
GenWiki-internal
In other languages