Memel/Reformierte Kirche

From GenWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Priests

View to Friedrich-Wilhelm-Straße: Right the white Jakobuskirche (Litauische Landkirche), on the opposite the Reformierte Kirche. View to Schmelz.
  • 1635 - 1641 Johann Wendelin von Rodem[1]
  • 1667 - 1670 Prediger Petrus Figulus
  • 1672 - ? D. Paul Andreas Jursky
  • 1686 - 1689 Paul Onias
  • 1689 - 1691 D. Adam Samuel Hartmann
  • 1692 - 1697 Conrad Mel [1]
  •  ? Johann Bernhard Seibert
  • 1700 - 1738 Diederich Balleer
  • 1738 - 1740 Johann Conrad Franck
  • 1741 - 1749 Johann Jakob Schrotberg
  • 1749 - 1758 Wilhelm Kühn
  • 1758 - 1782 Christoph Ludwig Cochius
  • Theodor Prieß
  • D. Wiesner


Churchbooks

The Tower of the Reformed Church seen from the Wall

The church books of the Reformed Church are in parts (originals) in Berlin (Evangelisches Zentralarchiv Berlin), in parts as films of the Reichsippenamtes, today in Leipzig (Sächsisches Staatsarchiv Leipzig). The "Mormonen" Mormons have films as well.

The records held in Berlin and Leipzig are complete when put together.

  • Baptism 1675-1944
  • Confirmation 1855-1911
  • Marriages 1692-1944
  • Deaths 1727-1944

The small parish of the Englischen Kirche- English Church in Memel belonged to the Reformed Church, so you can find the records in those church books.


Seal of the Reformed Church 1937
Confirmation document from 1899 Ida Lehmann


Sources

  1. Schoenborn Ulrich: "...ich sehe die Fußstapffen der Providentz Gottes", Zum Wirken des hessischen Theologen Conrad Mel (1666 - 1733) in Mitau, Memel und Königsberg, 2006
Personal tools
GenWiki-internal
In other languages