The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) - Family History Centers
Note: The Family History Library in Salt Lake City holds microfilm copies of many important genealogical records, the originals of which are held by German churches, archives, and libraries. The great majority of these microfilm copies can be borrowed for a modest fee through any local LDS (Mormon) Family History Center. (Owners of certain church--and, in one case, emigration--records have refused permission to the Family History Library to distribute microfilm copies of these records to Family History Centers in Germany; however, all microfilmed German records are accessible through Family History Centers outside Germany.) Before contacting an archive or library, researchers with access to a Family History Center should check whether the records they seek are available on microfilm from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- Family History Library online:
- FHL Microfilm Search Page
- LDS-FHC centers / Genealogische Forschungsstellen (GFS)
- LDS Accredited Genealogists international
- Information and index-files for Ahnenstammkartei des deutschen Volkes, maitained by Deutsche Zentralstelle für Genealogie, Leipzig. In 1991-1992 the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City, microfilmed the whole collection and the films are available through LDS/FHC centers. The Ahnenstammkartei in this filming contains approximately 2,700,000 personal names, predominately of German families.
Other Internet Resources
- Family History Centers throughout the world
- Informationen der Genealogischen Forschungsstelle Dortmund
- Family History Centers in USA and non USA; preliminary listing
- Information about LDS
- General Information on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
|This article is based on http://www.genealogienetz.de/lds/. Original content at the taking-over time into GenWiki you can see here. Comments and editorial remarks can be found on the discussion page of this article.|